Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Baby Emmit

EMMIT MICHAEL PRENTICE IS HERE!!!!!!
Born
August 3rd
6lb 12oz and 20in Tall

Now 7lb 6oz and 21in Tall
8 Days Old


The big Surprise
So we went to the hospital around like 4:30am I was so happy and excited Emmit was coming early. I went through all the steps and got all med's I needed. All was going great. The only thing that was a little off was when the Doctor came in to break the rest of the water and to make sure that Emmit was head down and where he needed to be. Well as he was breaking the rest of the water there was a little bubble that would not break the Doctor said that some times the bag can fold over on itself and that could cause it to make a bubble. So he tried and tried to get that like bubble but it would not break so he said he would make sure to check it a little latter and that it was ok for it to be there. Then at 5.5 cm I felt like I need to push so much that I could not stop it and the RN would not check me again because she just had checked me. So when she went on a break another RN came in and I told her what was going on and she said she would check me and she did and I went from a 5.5cm to a 8cm in a half an hour then she also felt that little bubble but she must have felt something more because she like ran out of the room and got the other RN and then she checked me again and had this weird look on her face and then told the other RN to go get this drug that would stop my contraction then page the Doctor, after all that, then she told me that the baby was feet down and the little bag they had tried to break was his testicals. Before I knew it, there were a lot of doctors in my room and then they took me in to give me a C section. the whole time I was wanting my husband by my side and he could not be because they had to get thing started. Even now I can't really think about it without all the feelings coming back the feeling of my wanting my husband and hoping and praying that my little baby will be ok. After they let Mike in the room I could not helped myself from holding back the tears any more. Then the one thing that made my scared and worry tears turn into happy tears was to hear my little Emmit cry. They showed me him for a little time. Mike told me how big he was and that he had a little bruising down there but that every thing was ok and then Emmit and Mike went to clean up. The doctors finished up with me and then final the joy of see my little boy for the first time was so great. Unless you are a mother you really do not know what love and joy you have instantly for someone who you just have met. Emmit is perfect and in great health and I love him so much and am gald he is in our life.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

He is so beautiful Clacie! I am so happy that you are a new mommy and I wish I could be there to see him! Love you guys